BFTF Banner

BFTF Banner

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Your Word is Power

© Howard Sands 2016

Intro
You have the power to do good or to do evil
James 3.3-5 The Tongue has power to create or destroy
It boasts great things
Matt 8.8 Centurion said, speak the word only

A miracle is something that happens outside the natural laws
- we say God did that. 

Today we will see what God says about it. 

1/Speaking Creative Words
I have taken many team trips to India and Africa - we spoke creative words, even before we went we said , we will Go, see 100's saved, healed, Baptised in Holy Spirit, receive revelation.

"What you say is what you get" Jesus said that
Mk 11.22/24 Jesus publicly said, no one eat fruit of you ever again.
When they came back that evening, tree was withered and dried up, Jesus gave them a powerful truth.
Peter says He cursed the fig tree.
He just spoke death to it.
It had to obey him.
We have cursed ourselves and others by the words of our mouth,
“Its getting worse... there is no cure … I have to take this medication for the rest of my life … I'm feeling this cold coming on.”

Stop saying what the devil puts in your mouth and start confessing what God gave you to say.
Because whatever you say – Jesus said you can have.
Jesus said, Have faith in God, or more literally, "Have the God kind of faith."
Jesus explained how it works.
Speak God's words until they become part of you, "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."
Some people say they can't, they're right.
Some people say they can, they're right.

If you say you can't, you don't, not because you can't but because you won't.
What you say is what you get.

eg. Flight, Sri Lanka to India, we were not allowed to confirm, we said we're going on that plane, plane 10hrs late, finally allowed on, we went.

Phil 4.13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Today you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

If you'll believe it you'll receive it; If you don't, you won't.

2/ Planting the word as seed in you
Today we are going to do some implanting into you, what the word of God says about you.
Today we are going to help you
AVOID STINKIN THINKIN AND HARDENING OF THE ATTITUDES. (Zig Zigler)

IF YOU SAY ABOUT YOU WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT YOU, YOU'LL RECEIVE WHAT HE SAYS YOU'LL RECEIVE BECAUSE HE SAYS SO.
What are you believing
Do you fear, people, circumstances, your inabilities or do you say,
2 Tim 1.7 God has not given to me a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.

What about healing.
Do you believe God will heal you or can heal:
will is definite, can is a maybe.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that healing is the children's bread? 
... that Christ bought your healing on Calvary.

Rom 10.9/10 with the heart man believes unto Righteousness with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Your confession is saving you every day, but what is it saving you into. 

3/ Praying in faith.
Prayer is your legal right to use faith filled words to bring God on the scene on your behalf.

May Mark 11.24 live in you so you know that whatever YOU say, you will have.

Jesus said ask the Father in my name.
I want you you to see this -
Matt 10.33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. NIV
but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. ESV

Harsh words but He's not talking about salvation.
God and His word are one. Jesus is the word. So he who denies the word that God gave him denies Jesus.

Better read, but whoever denies me and my word (for they are one) before men (fails to say before men the word that I have given him about his circumstances), I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. (deny to give his negative, failing unbelieving prayer to the Father).

Jesus confesses to the Father what we say provided it agrees with the word. Then our prayer is made by Jesus to the Father, the Father cannot do anything but grant that prayer.
If you confess my word before men, I'll confess what you say before the Father. Your prayer gets an audience with the Father presented by Jesus the intercessor.

4/ But I need more faith
Its OK for you but ….
stop right there.
Don't 'but' the word of God.

You may not have got to the place where you immediately and instictively say the word of God at your situation as soon as it arises, if not there's something you can do about it.
Follow what the word says to do to get more faith. Rom 10.17 Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

If you don't put it in in the good times you cant get out in the tough times.
Develop your faith muscle by speaking the word of God aloud to your circumstances, to your body, finances, family.

Mk 11.23 but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him  .
He doesn't have it now, its still coming.

Start saying what you want to happen NOT the worst that you fear might happen.
That's unbelief and you're believing in it.

5/ Salvation is in every area: Its a package deal,
you don't get one bit without the other

saved, Gk. sozo, saved, healed, delivered, made whole, preserved.

Nobleman's son near death
Jn 49/50 He believed Jesus word.
Matt 8.13 Centurion, as you have believed, so be it done.
Matt 9.22 woman with issue of blood, your faith has made you whole.

Captured on video, Mission to India
- a woman had a pain for many years, she came to the first day meeting,
we prayed for her, she believed, next day she testified of being healed
Man with heart condition took God at his word, came forward for prayer, believed and received his healing
Many received their sins forgiven because they dared to believe God's word and act on it, in 4 crusades about 500 people.

? Who is stronger, God or Satan ?
then why do some Christian folk still say: "the devil made me do it."
"The devil is having a go at me."
"I have this pain, disease etc."

1 Jn 4.4 Greater is He that is in you, than he than is in the world.

The devil didn't make you do, You believed his lie
2 Cor 2.14 God always causes me to triumph

1 Pet 2.24 By His stripes you WERE healed

2 Cor 3.17 Where the spirit of the Lord is their is liberty

Rom 8.1 There is therefore now, NO CONDEMNATION

Why do we say I can't:-  do it
                                       believe it
                                       afford it
when God says ask and you will receive,

Ps 23 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Phil 4.19 My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Church in Kovalam: no natural means, meeting in little hut, tiny piece of ground
stepped out in faith, put 1500 Rs down on bigger piece of ground, Our first crusade, BFTF team and ministry gave donations to land purchase, raised funds through sales of pictures when we returned. Since sent them enough to buy land to increase size of church.

Pastor told me later they have bought land for 25,000 Rs an impossible task in the natural
They believed and acted in faith, God provided
Things with man that are impossible; are with God Himpossible.

According to your word, because your word is power.


Lets confess what we are
I am as bold as a lion
I have the mind of Christ
God is for me
Greater is He thats in me than he thats in the world
I am the righteousness of God
I am speaking His word
I am filled with faith, power and the Holy Spirit
I am an overcomer
I am more than a conqueror
I am born again by His Spirit
His life flows through me
I've been redeemed and set apart & I'll love and serve God all my life
By His stripes I am healed
I have no lack, His abundance is mine
I invoke blessing on my life by being a generous giver
I am set free from pain, sickness, disease. 


I would love to read your comments below how this message has impacted you.
You can listen to a live recording of this message here. 


Dr Howard Sands is the International Director of Beautiful Feet Task Force, is available as a speaker for churches, outreaches, business & missions. 

For more details or to book Howard for your college, church or event see how to frame an invitation here.
If you would like to assist BFTF in its mission to equipping African and Asian ministers with the word of God to empower their own generation you can donate to BFTF here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.